This self-esteem unit is a crucial element for strengthening the core curriculum and ensuring our teenage students have the confidence and self-belief that they can succeed and reach their goals.
• 16 slides of self-esteem PowerPoint – fully structured so no prior experience is required to deliver it. The text is also editable for you to modify as needed.
• 9 pages of self-esteem Printables – graphic organizers go perfectly with the PowerPoint if you want your students to record their thoughts as you discuss. There is also a fun bonus homework included! They are in a PowerPoint format so they can easily be converted to Google Slides for paperless activities if preferred.
• 24 unique discussion cards to develop speaking and listening skills.
• Activities for kindness and strengthening classroom community.
Your students will learn:
• how to define self-esteem
• how to analyse their own and others’ self-esteem
• where they might need to demonstrate self-esteem
• signs of high self-esteem
• signs of low self-esteem
• what can affect self-esteem
• self-awareness of their own self-esteem
• actionable steps to build self-esteem
In order to ensure these important skills can be integrated into our busy timetables, this resource has been designed to make it as easy to deliver as possible! It includes a structured PowerPoint that guides the class through discussions about self-esteem and effective skills on how to build confidence. No prior knowledge or experience from you is required! On top of this, the PowerPoint text is editable so you can modify the content to suit your students’ needs, should you wish.
Also included are bonus graphic organizers which are supplementary to the PowerPoint: they work as a helpful tool for students to record their thoughts in an aesthetically pleasing way that can then be used for bulletin board displays etc. You will also find a set of discussion task cards to spark conversation and thoughts on self-esteem: these can be printed off for each group of students, or they can be used in whole class discussion – it is up to you!
So help build your students’ self-esteem and encourage them to be all that you know they can be! Also check out these Self-Esteem Quote Colouring Pennants for some calming mindful colouring and instant classroom decor!
Great for Character Education, Social Skills, Life skills and PSHCE (Physical, Social, Health, Citizenship Education) lessons.