This ‘Bonfire Night’ resource for teens will teach your students about the British History of the Gun Powder plot and why 400 years later, every 5th November fireworks are set off and bonfires are lit across the UK.
The PowerPoint and worksheets are simple and fun to work through, require no preparation from you and give plenty of activities to fill the week leading up to Bonfire Night.
You can go through the PowerPoint first to give students background information, and then either work through these activities together or give students the choice on which ones to complete. You could even set some for homework and encourage some research and background reading on the topic too.
• Detailed PowerPoint describing the story of Bonfire Night with easy to follow and engaging content
• Bonfire Night Word Search (and answers)
• Gun Powder Plot Storyboard
• Bonfire Night Acrostic Poem
• Design Your Own Firework
• Newspaper Article
• What Were They Thinking?!
• That’s a Rap
Your students will enjoy working through these activities whilst learning about the History of the Gunpowder Plot on Bonfire Night.